MANY THINGS HAVE CHANGED BUT NOT THE PASSION
Gabriele Virgili - President
CANTIERE DELLE MARCHE,
ANCONA, 22 SEPTEMBER 2015
Dear Ladies, dear Gentlemen,
this morning, when thinking about this editorial, I suddenly realized that the 5th anniversary of this amazing shipyard just passed by on the 10th of August. We all were so busy that nobody noticed it!!!
5 years ago, in fact, we were opening the sheds for the first time, we were just 11 people, and we had one boat under construction (thank you again courageous owners of Vitadimare 3!) and no one prospect client in our files. We were preparing the first Boat Show season with a few renders, some technical information and a very respectful and humble approach to our venture and the market. In our briefcase we also had a notebook where to register all the words and the needs of our friends: brokers, captains, surveyors and obviously the ones of all the yachtsmen we knew around. We were ready to listen to all of them and make sure that our market proposition would always start from there. We have always wanted to satisfy our customers' needs.
Many things have changed from that days five years ago. No doubt about it.
• CdM has sold an average of one boat every three months since January 2011
• CdM represents 60% of the relevant market segment (explorer vessels between 80 and 112 feet)
• CdM represents 12,5% of the Explorer Vessels of any size material and sort, worldwide
• CdM has won just three years after its start up the World Yachts Trophy in the Best Achievement category
• CdM has won the IY&A Award in 2014
• CdM has been finalists in many other awards worldwide
• Turnover, Value of Production and Ebitda have grown double digit in the last three years
• Backlog is now going to 2018
• Customer satisfaction and loyalty is still at the highest level and the feeling of being part of a special group of Yachtmen has grown up to the point that this summer there has been a spontaneous CdM owners gathering in Sardinia which has then become a cruise to Corsica all together for another few days
• Two new product lines are in the pipeline
But what is more important of all the aforesaid numbers: we are still the same bunch of crazy and passionate guys, with a very respectful and humble approach to our venture and the market. In our briefcase we still have a notebook where to register all the words and the needs of our friends: brokers, captains, surveyors and obviously the ones of all the yachtmen we know around, many of them now who have become CdM yacht owners. We are still ready to listen to all of them and make sure that our market proposition will always start from there. We have always wanted to satisfy our customers' needs. As the new products coming out in the next months will demonstrate.
This year we will be at the Cannes Boat Show again, but with three beautiful vessels instead that with some renders in our briefcase. I will be our pleasure to meet you onboard and show you why we are so proud to say: I AM CDM!