CANTIERE DELLE MARCHE,
ANCONA, 25 MAY 2021
The Flexplorer family grows: a sneak preview of the Flexplorer 146
A Flexplorer 146 has been sold to a young and enthusiast German owner who was introduced by Rezida Yachts. A keen sailor, before the Flexplorer he previously owned several sailing and motor yachts. Being an experienced yacht owner, he had a series of precise requests and during the development of the project, the bow rake has been extended and the total length grew from the original 142 to 146 feet.
“The sale of the Flexplorer 146 Maverick is a milestone because it demonstrates the strength of our new propositions,” says Sales Director Vasco Buonpensiere. “When we first introduced our concept of flexible explorer yachts, we knew it would meet the taste of yacht owners eager to purchase a yacht which allowed them to sail far and wide. A yacht with a high degree of flexibility to adapt to different situations, able to carry big tenders and all equipment to venture safely to remote destinations yet comfortable and with all amenities of a true luxury yacht.”
“Thanks to oue excellent relationship with the Owner and his feedbacks, in spite of the present circumstances, details such as layout, general styling, power, size, special features and delivery date have already been defined,” Buonpensiere maintains.
The Hydro Tec bold exterior design will be completed with refined interiors by Francesco Paszkowski and Margherita Casprini. The owner’s wishes and lifestyle match with Paszkowski’s approach and impeccable poise and the yacht will feature top-end characteristics in terms of functionality and style. As the Flexplorer 130 Aurelia, Maverick features an asymmetrical layout on the Main deck. The asymmetry consists in a full beam configuration to starboard which adds square metres to the salon while leaving a useful passageway to port side.The owner and his family have great plans to fully enjoy their new yacht: they will be firstly exploring many destinations around the Med, after which they will be heading to the Northern latitudes to cross the Northwest Passage, eventually. This is why the Flexplorer 146 hull will feature – among other technical upgrades - an ice-belt of 12mm steel plates 600 mm above and below the waterline.
Let’s take a look at the Flexplorer 146 main features:
- Huge custom-built A-frame crane - a remarkable piece of engineering purposely developed by CdM and built in carbon fibre by Advanced Mechanical Solutions (AMS) - that, once the tender is launched, fits flush with the deck. It is positioned at the borders of the large cockpit on both sides and forward not to impinge on the ceiling height on the deck below which hosts a large gym, a sauna and a diving centre;
- Collapsible bulwarks that extend to the farthest end of the cockpit as all deck fittings have been positioned at a lower level on the swim platform. Once the bulwarks are folded down the whole aft deck becomes a vast beach area that covers more than 135 square metres;
- On the large cockpit a Super Air Nautique G25 tender and another smaller tender will be stored and launched with the powerful A-frame crane;
- When covered, the large pool on the Main deck cockpit becomes a storage for the deck furniture and water toys while underway;
- The main salon is full-beam to starboard side whilst a passage on the portside gives access to the dining area and galley in order to ease service from the galley to the outdoors and vice versa;
- On the Upper deck forward, a large open area hosts rescue boat and jet skis; at anchor, this area is furnished with loose sofas and sun beds becoming a further enjoyable lounging area en plein air;
- Open galley. A large galley on portside opens into the salon. It features a central island where family and friends can gather and have breakfast, an informal meal or share the preparation of food;
- Guest accommodations are spread over three decks:
- 4 ensuite cabins on the Lower deck;
- 1 Owner’s stateroom on the Main deck forward;
- 1 Owner’s stateroom on the Upper deck next to a single guest cabin;
- The wheelhouse has been placed on the Sun deck forward; the Captain has his own cabin next to the wheelhouse.
Range and speed: the Flexplorer 146 will be able to cruise 5,000 nautical miles thanks to twin MTU 10V2000M72, 900kW each, and a fuel capacity of 60,000 litres. Max speed will be 14 knots.
› L.O.A.: 44.33 m (145ft 5in)
› Beam: 8.60 m (28ft 2in)
› Draught: 2.62 m (8ft 60in)
› Hull/Superstructure: Steel/Aluminium
› Fuel capacity: 60,000 l (15,850 gal)
› Fresh water capacity: 8,500 l (2,245 gal)
› Engines: 2 x MTU 10V2000M72 900kW@2250rpm
› Stabilizers: 2 pairs, electrical, Zero Speed
› Speed max: 14 knots
› Range @ 10 knots: 5,000nm
› Guest cabins: 7
› Crew cabins: 3