FOR OFFSHORE FISHING
Simon MIlovanovic Varvaro - Senior Project Manager
CANNES YACHTING FESTIVAL,
CANNES, 7 SEPTEMBER 2022
The Uptight has been designed to fulfill her Owner desire to have a comfortable yacht to enjoy fishing expeditions in remote and uncontaminated seas.
“The Darwin 106 has been designed to fulfill her Owner desire to have a large, reliable, comfortable yacht to enjoy months-long fishing expeditions in remote and uncontaminated seas,” says Simon Milovanovic Varvaro.
“Uptight’s American Owners and family love to live and gather in a very relaxed and informal way both at home and at sea. They are already dreaming and planning expeditions to Alaska and other far flung destinations. To fulfill their dreams, a robust and long-range yacht able to face the hardest weather conditions and nonstop navigations was an obvious choice… CdM, number one in the construction of explorer yachts, was the obvious choice. He owned other fisher-man yachts in the past yet he didn’t want to buy a tantamount of a sporty fast planing fisherman, just larger than the previous one, but a slow, displacement vessel to enjoy long expeditions from the moment the yacht leaves the quay to the final destination. Fast trip to fishing spots and adrenaline fishing activities will be held by using the yacht’s large “tender”, which is a real American Fisherman that will be towed during long trips”.
The most peculiar features of this explorer yacht designed with a very specific purpose in mind are:
- Fuel tank capacity has been increased to 50.000 litres.
- The stern platform has been transformed into an enclosed cockpit with a bulwark;
- A ‘battle station’ has been centrally placed in this cockpit, instead of a most traditional fighting chair, fishing will be carried out in ‘stand up’, allowing multiple strikes to be managed at the same time, giving more fun to the whole ‘fishing family’;
- Screwless rod holders have been placed on the large teak cap-rail around the cockpit, all equipped with drainages and an easy access for periodic maintenance;
- Many lockers holding the famous U.S. tackle boxes “Plano” are encompassed into the fishing cockpit bulwarks;
- Flush floor tanks with water recirculation and pump for live fish baits are located on the transom and below the cockpit floor;
- A double Eskimo ice maker refrigerated locker, below the cockpit floor, with both salt and fresh water ice, helps maintaining the fish fresh for long time;
- Freezers located beneath the sofa in the main cockpit offer extra storage space for the catch;
- The lazarette is arranged cohesively with the fishing activities and include a small yet fully equipped workshop.